Wrongful Death Lawyer Delray Beach, FL
If your family member was killed because of someone else’s negligence, you should consult a wrongful death lawyer Delray Beach, FL residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and improve your chances of getting fair compensation.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one is always difficult. It can become even more devastating when the death is caused by another person’s carelessness. Here are some common causes of wrongful death:
- Car Accidents: Millions of car accidents occur in the U.S. every year. Unfortunately, some of these accidents result in deaths. When drivers engage in dangerous driving practices, such as speeding, drunk driving, and distracted driving, fatal collisions are more likely to happen. In addition to filing a claim against the driver’s insurance company, you may pursue a lawsuit against the car manufacturer for defective tires, brakes, and other parts that malfunctioned during the accident.
- Medical Malpractice: When patients go to a hospital or doctor’s office, they expect to come out feeling better. This doesn’t always happen. In fact, doctors can sometimes make mistakes that lead to patient deaths. Common types of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnosis and medication errors. If your family member died due to malpractice, you have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Defective Products: Product manufacturers are responsible for making sure their goods are safe for the public to use. When they fail to do this, consumers are more likely to suffer injuries or even death.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners have a legal responsibility to keep their premises safe for others and warn them about hazards. For example, property owners should salt their sidewalks when snow and ice forms. If they don’t do this, fatal accidents are more likely to occur. If your family member died from a slip and fall accident, you should speak to a wrongful death lawyer in Delray Beach, FL.
- Truck Accidents: Since commercial trucks are very large and heavy, accidents involving them are more likely to cause fatalities. The most common causes of truck accidents include drowsy driving, speeding, distracted driving, and improper cargo loading. Parties that may be held responsible for truck accident fatalities may include the truck driver, trucking company, and truck manufacturer.
If your loved one died because of negligence, you should schedule a consultation with a wrongful death lawyer in Delray Beach, FL. Call The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A today!