Wrongful Death: Were you Financially Dependent on Your Loved One?
If you are struggling with the pressures of staying on top of bills after your loved one’s untimely death and that death was caused by the actions of another party, consider contacting a wrongful death lawyer Delray Beach FL families trust. Are you looking for the person responsible to pay punitive damages? If the answer is yes to any one of these questions, a wrongful death lawyer in Delray Beach FL from the Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. may be able to help. For more than 30 years, we have been advocating for families in wrongful death lawsuits and we may be able to help you obtain compensation you are in desperate need of.
What Are Punitive Damages?
You may be wondering what punitive damages are and whether or not you are entitled to receive them. It will be important to sit down with a wrongful death lawyer Delray Beach FL residents recommend and go over the specifics of your particular case to help determine the total compensation you may be able to collect.
- Punitive damages are in place to punish the person for their actions that caused the death of your loved one.
- We will be able to calculate with you our best estimate of what we think could be awarded in punitive damages when we meet for our consultation. Call (561) 737-3133 to schedule your initial appointment with us.
Who Can File for Wrongful Death?
You may be wondering if you are entitled to file a wrongful death claim if someone you know and loved has passed away. Additionally, you may be wondering how situations where multiple family members file claims with the courts are managed. These are questions that a wrongful death lawyer Delray Beach FL clients prefer will be happy to answer for you. Generally speaking:
- In almost all cases, if you are the spouse of the person who passed away, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Anyone who was financially dependent on the person who has died
- Parents of a minor can file a lawsuit on their behalf
- Parents of the person who passed, especially if your loved one was a child.
- The representative or executor of the estate can file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the family members of the deceased. Usually the executor is identified in the estate plan. If there isn’t someone already identified, the court will appoint someone to fill this role.
Managing a wrongful death suit on your own will be stressful and can be challenging due to the layers of legal complexities. Moving through the process of a wrongful death lawsuit as swiftly and easily as possible is another reason to call a seasoned wrongful death lawyer Delray Beach FL offers from Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. They can help ease your fears by personally evaluating your case at our first consultation. Call us today at (561) 737-3133 so that we can help you.
Upon our first meeting, your Delray Beach FL wrongful death lawyer will be able to look at the details of your case and further explain how we can represent you based on your unique situation.
Contact us today at (561) 737-3133. There is no risk to you as we offer the first consultation free of charge. Let a wrongful death lawyer Delray Beach FL provides help you get the compensation that is owed to you.