Electric scooter accidents have been on the rise since Delray Beach, and nearby areas, have allowed them to come to town. If you or someone you know has been injured while riding an electric scooter, you might want to know:
- How you can prove fault in an electric scooter accident?
- How you can file a claim with an e-scooter company?
- Whether you should retain a Delray Beach, Florida scooter accident lawyer?
- How much will a lawyer cost?
To get answers to these questions, and more, call The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A.We will listen to what happened and help you to understand your legal options. If you decide to sign with our firm to represent your case, we will do the best we can do recover maximum damages. For a consultation with a scooter accident lawyer in Delray Beach, Florida, call us today.
Why Hire an Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Delray Beach, Florida
There are many reasons to consider having a lawyer by your side, including:
- If a scooter accident lawyer takes your case, they have essentially made the commitment to represent your needs.
- Unlike an insurance adjuster who will seek to settle for the least amount possible, a Delray Beach, Florida scooter accident lawyer will seek maximum damages.
- A lawyer represents only you and your interests.
- Your Delray Beach, Florida scooter accident lawyer will not get paid unless they win.
- Our staff is thorough, experienced, and knowledgeable. We will try to take every step to ensure the at fault party is found and held responsible.
- Our firm will handle the paperwork and communication with the insurance company so you can focus on healing.
- At this time, there is little precedent for settling e-scooter accident cases; therefore, it may be possible to secure a larger settlement.
The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. is determined to getting justice for each and every client. We will be aggressive during the negotiation process with the insurance company, and in most scenarios, this enables us to secure fair and just compensation. However, in a small number of cases, negotiations are not successful. In this case we will be ready to go to trial.
Scooter Accidents in Florida
Electric scooters became a part of the Florida landscape in recent years. As the scooters weave in and out of traffic, and on sidewalks, they have created new and unfamiliar dangers. We know of a broad range of scooter accident cases that have been the result of:
- The driver of another car
- A cyclist
- Another scooter rider
- A pedestrian
- The municipality
That being said, it is certainly possible for the driver of the scooter to be responsible for their own negligent conduct. In this case, whether compensation may be available will be inherently dependent on the circumstances of the case. Regardless of what happened, it is advisable to consult a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach, Florida has to offer.
Litigation in E-Scooter Accident Cases
It is not easy to tell whether or not a case will result in litigation without knowing precise details. Unfortunately for people who are injured in an e-scooter accident, litigation is often more likely when there is an insurance policy that covers the at-fault party. For example, if a driver injures a scooter rider who was legally using the scooter, there may be at least one insurance policy to cover the injuries. However, as a Delray Beach scooter accident lawyer might explain to you, it is very likely that the insurance company will deny fault. In this case, litigation may be the only way to recover damages.
If you have been injured in an accident involving an e-scooter, please call a scooter accident lawyer in Delray Beach, Florida today.