A Brain Injury Personal Injury Lawyer Delray Beach FL Trusts
Eric H. Luckman of the Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. is a trusted personal injury attorney in Delray who can help you recover damages from a brain injury. When someone suffers an egregious injury due to someone else’s negligence, they deserve compensation. Eric H. Luckman is well versed in this type of case and may be able to recover the maximum possible amount of compensation for you. If you are a victim of a brain injury you may be asking yourself several questions and wondering what to do next. What follows are answers to common questions we receive, but feel free to contact our office to request a free consultation about your legal options following a brain injury.
What causes brain injuries?
There are several common causes of brain injuries. Eric H. Luckman of the Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. can help clients who have experienced a wide range of brain injuries due to no fault of their own. An experienced personal injury lawyer in Delray Beach FL such as he can help victims recover compensation from the person responsible.
For the most part, brain injuries can be divided into two main categories: head injuries due to blows or head injuries due to shaking. Typically, head injuries due to shaking is mostly common in small children and infants. However, it can occur if a person experiences violent shaking such as can happen in accidents. Head injuries due to blows are typically caused by:
- Car accidents
- Physical assault
- Sports related accidents
What are the most common forms of brain injuries?
Brain injuries can range in their severity. You may have suffered a mild concussion playing football, or you may be in need of long term care due to a brain injury sustained in a car accident. A personal injury attorney in Delray such as Eric H. Luckman, P.A. may be able to help you determine the next step to take. Common brain injuries include:
- Hemorrhage: This is uncontrolled bleeding within the brain. Either there is bleeding in the space around the brain or bleeding within the brain tissue. This will oftentimes cause severe headaches and/or vomiting.
- Concussion: This occurs when the brain has bounced against the hard walls of your skull. It often happens after falling and hitting the head, being in a car accident, whiplash, or a hit to the head.
- Edema: This can be caused by any brain injury because it is swelling in the brain. The skull cannot stretch to accomodate the swelling which could result in a buildup of pressure in the brain.
- Skull Fracture: If this occurs the brain will most likely sustain severe damage. The skull does not have bone marrow, making it very strong and difficult to break. However, if the brain does fracture it is unable to absorb the impact of a hard hit.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury: This type of injury does not cause bleeding within the brain but does cause damage to your brain cells. This type of injury can lead to permanent brain damage.
Why should I contact a personal injury lawyer in Delray Beach FL?
If you or a loved one was the victim of an avoidable brain injury, you may be eligible to receive compensation to help cover:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Cost of future care
Contact us Today
If you sustained a brain injury it may be in your best interest to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL victims turn to from the Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. Our legal team may be able to help you achieve fair compensation from the responsible party. Though we cannot erase what happened to you, we can help make the future a little bit easier by fighting for your rights to receive medical coverage and financial help. For a free consultation, call us today.
Personal Injury Legal Resources: