Motorcycle Accident Lawyer West Palm Beach, FL
If you suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident, you should get in touch with a motorcycle accident lawyer West Palm Beach, FL residents trust. Enduring injuries due to someone else’s negligence is devastating, and you deserve compensation for that. A skilled lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Myths About Motorcycle Accidents
Riding a motorcycle on a warm and sunny day can be exciting, but it can also be dangerous. It’s important to take the proper precautions and avoid believing certain misconceptions. Here are some common myths about motorcycle accidents:
- Other Drivers Always See Motorcyclists: If you’re riding on a motorcycle, you should never assume you’re visible to the drivers around you. Motorcyclists are small, so they can be more difficult to spot than traditional vehicles. To stay safe on the road, avoid other vehicles’ blind spots and wear bright clothes to make yourself more visible.
- It’s Pointless to Wear a Helmet: Unfortunately, some motorcyclists believe that wearing a helmet doesn’t make a difference during accidents. The truth is, however, that wearing a helmet can mean the difference between life and death. If you’re wearing a helmet and get into a motorcycle accident, you will be less likely to suffer a serious head injury.
- Motorcyclists Are Always at Fault During Accidents: This is another common myth about motorcycle accidents. While motorcyclists do cause accidents occasionally, other motorists are often at fault. Many times, motorists make unsafe left turns or drive above the speed limit, increasing accidents.
- City Streets Are Safer Than Highways for Motorcyclists: Many people assume that all motorcycle accidents occur on highways. However, city streets can be just as dangerous for motorcyclists. Many motorcycle accidents occur at busy intersections where motorists don’t follow traffic signals.
- Hiring a Lawyer is Expensive: Some motorcyclists avoid getting legal assistance after a motorcycle accident because they assume the fees are too expensive. However, most motorcycle accident lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means your motorcycle accident lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL will take a percentage of your settlement.
Preparing for Your Consultation with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you have scheduled a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer, it’s important to come prepared. Remember to bring any documents pertaining to your case, such as a police report and medical records. The more information your lawyer has to go on, the better he or she can help you. Also, bring a list of questions you have for your lawyer to your meeting.
Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL at The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. today.