Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Greenacres, FL
If you endured injuries in a motorcycle accident, you should consult a motorcycle accident lawyer Greenacres, FL residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a timely lawsuit and protect your rights.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
Motorcyclists don’t have the protection of an enclosed vehicle, so they are more likely to suffer serious injuries during an accident. Here are some of the most common motorcycle accidents:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are more like to cause fatalities than other injuries in motorcycle accidents. These injuries can occur when motorcyclists are thrown off their motorcyclists and hit their head on the pavement. Wearing a helmet can dramatically decrease your risk of severe head injuries in an accident.
- Road Rash: Road rash is another common motorcycle accident injury and happens when you slide your body across the pavement. It might seem less severe than other injuries but still requires immediate medical treatment. When you slide across the pavement, you can scrape off layers of your skin, putting you at risk of infection. If you wear a leather jacket, pants, and other protective gear, you reduce the severity of road rash.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Motorcyclists may also suffer spinal cord injuries during accidents. It can lead to numbness below the injury site and or cause paralysis in one or more regions of the body.
- Neck Injuries: As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Greenacres, FL can confirm, neck injuries are often associated with motorcycle accidents. While some of these injuries can be mild, others can cause damage to the spinal cord.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, it’s normal to feel shocked. However, in order to obtain the compensation you deserve, it’s critical to take quick action.
- Get Medical Attention: Motorcycle accidents usually result in serious injuries for motorcyclists. Therefore, you should seek emergency medical care. A doctor will diagnose your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment.
- Write in a Journal: It’s a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident in a journal promptly. For instance, if you recall the driver who crashed into your motorcycle talking on the phone before the accident, include that information in your notes.
- Hire a Lawyer: Motorcycle accident cases can be very complex, so it’s in your best interest to have an experienced lawyer on your side. He or she should have at least several years of experience handling motorcycle accident cases. Your lawyer can help you gather the necessary evidence to prove your case and negotiate with the insurance company.
Schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Greenacres, FL. Call The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. today!