Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Boynton Beach, FL
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you should speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL residents trust. Getting injured because of someone else’s negligence is devastating, and you deserve to be compensated for that. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim and obtain the compensation you’re entitled to.
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident
Very few people expect to get into a motorcycle accident, so it’s shocking when it actually does happen. You might not know what to do. Here are a few steps to follow after an accident:
- Call the Police: The first thing you need to do after a motorcycle accident is contact the police. They will arrive at the scene and write a report that contains important information about your case, such as when and where it occurred and the names of everyone involved. You’ll want to obtain a copy of this report for your records.
- Seek Medical Attention: Motorcycle accidents usually result in serious injuries for motorcyclists. That’s why you should seek emergency medical care promptly. Your health is of the utmost importance and you don’t want to take any chances. A doctor will diagnose your injury and suggest the appropriate treatment. It’s important to follow your doctor’s advice to get better and get the best settlement. If the negligent party’s insurance company discovers that you aren’t following your doctor’s medical advice, they may argue that you aren’t truly injured.
- Gather Evidence: In order to obtain a fair settlement, you have to show sufficient proof to the court that the motorcycle accident was another motorist’s fault. Obtain the names of contact information of witnesses involved and take photos of the accident scene. You should also keep your motorcycle in the condition it was at the time of the accident.
- Avoid Accepting a Settlement Too Soon: If the negligent party’s insurance company contacts you to offer a settlement, it’s tempting to accept it. However, you must remember that they don’t have your best interest at heart and will offer you the lowest possible settlement. Wait for your motorcycle accident lawyer in Boynton Beach, FL to negotiate a better settlement.
- Hire a Lawyer: When you’re dealing with injuries from a motorcycle accident, there is a lot at stake. That’s why it’s critical to have an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer on your side. He or she will look out for your bests interests and help you obtain a settlement that adequately covers your damages.
Schedule a meeting with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Boynton Beach, FL at The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. today.