Motorcycle Accident Lawyer, Boca Raton, FL
Experiencing a traumatic motorcycle accident isn’t an easy ordeal, as an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Boca Raton, FL knows. The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. has represented many clients in the past who’ve had personal injuries that have led to complications like permanent scars and disabilities.
Motorcycle accident lawyer Boca Raton, FL
If you have suffered a bodily injury from a motor vehicle accident, it can be beneficial to meet with a reliable motorcycle accident lawyer prominent in the Boca Raton, Florida area. If your injuries were due to a distracted driver or another party at fault, you may have a good foundation for creating a strong argument if you have enough evidence. A personal injury attorney will be able to assist you in determining your argument so you may get the highest compensation you can obtain.
How Motorcycle Accidents Occur
In 2016, over 10,300 motorcycle accidents occurred in Florida alone. Out of that number, there were roughly 600 deaths. Roads are unforgiving to motorcyclists, and accidents can occur on busy streets or rural areas. The following are just a few of the causes for motorcycle accidents:
- Opening doors. A driver might not check their mirror or surroundings properly and open their door, hitting a cyclist. The rider can slam into the door and get injured.
- Speeding. A violation committed by many drivers, driving too fast can affect reaction times and cause split-second accidents.
- Lane splitting. This is a common practice among cyclists. This is when cyclists drive in between two lanes, making them vulnerable to accidents since drivers don’t always see them coming.
- Left hand turns. If a driver makes a left hand turn accidents may occur when motorcyclists try to speed past them.
- Sudden braking. Drivers in front of a motorcycle may brake too abruptly, inadvertently causing a cyclist to rear end the car.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
Because they don’t offer as much protection as a car, motorcyclists are more vulnerable to suffering serious injuries. Some of the most common injuries include the following:
- Head injuries. Wearing a strong helmet prevents many head injuries, but you can still suffer head injuries if an accident is severe enough. Even if you’re riding a short distance, always make sure to wear your helmet since you never know when an accident may happen.
- Leg injuries. Bodily injury lawyers often see clients with leg injuries, such as scrapes, bruises, and broken legs. In some instances, accidents can result in amputations, such as when a rider’s leg is caught under a vehicle.
- Road rash. This refers to skin injuries like cuts and bruises that often happen when a cyclist skids across the pavement after crashing. To prevent this, cyclists should wear jackets, pants, and other protective clothing that covers the whole body.
Preparing for Your Consultation
If you’re considering filing a claim, it’s important to do so as early as possible. Florida law allows you some time to gather the evidence you need to make your case. To schedule a free consultation, see a motorcycle accident lawyer in Boca Raton, FL today.