If you have been involved in a vehicle collision, contacting a motor vehicle accident lawyer Delray Beach FL trusts may be in your best interest. If the car accident has resulted in property damage or if you experienced injuries during the crash, hiring a seasoned lawyer from The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. may be beneficial. If you believe that the insurance company is not offering you fair reimbursement, legal assistance from an attorney may result in more reasonable compensation for your damages, including medical bills and lost wages.
Getting the Proper Help
Experiencing a car accident is often a traumatic event – allow an experienced attorney from The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. to focus on the legal aspects of your case. A motor vehicle accident lawyer Delray Beach FL citizens turn to may be able to do the following on your behalf:
- Examine and process the required legal paperwork while being mindful of the statute of limitations so that important deadlines are not missed.
- Oversee the technical aspect of your case with the assistance of a forensic accident investigator if needed.
- Provide alternatives to going to court, such as mediation and arbitration.
- Handle negotiations with the insurance companies.
- Work diligently to make sure you receive maximum compensation for your losses.
- Represent you in court if a settlement negotiation cannot be reached.
Immediately After an Accident
A respected Delray Beach motor vehicle accident lawyer may recommend that you follow these steps after being involved in a car accident:
- Foremost and most importantly, you should check yourself for injuries. If you appear to be okay it is appropriate to continue checking on the safety of those around you.
- If you and the passengers are okay and it is possible to do so, you should move to a safe area away from any moving vehicles or traffic. In some cases, your automobile may still be drivable and should be moved to the side of the road. If the vehicle cannot be moved then leave it where it is but move yourself to a safe location.
- No matter how minor or severe the accident is, it is important to contact your local police department. Once law enforcement has arrived they will investigate the accident and later file a report. A motor vehicle accident lawyer in Delray Beach FL may find it helpful to reference this report while helping you with your personal injury claim.
Following these precautions may be helpful in addition to hiring a motor vehicle accident lawyer Delray Beach FL residents depend on.
Obtaining Proper Information
Gathering documentation while on the scene may be helpful for a motor vehicle accident lawyer Delray Beach FL relies on during your case. Make a note of the exact location where the motor vehicle accident occurred. Also, you will want to exchange the following information:
- Auto insurance company name and policy number
- Driver’s license state and number
- Vehicle’s license plate number
- Vehicle color, make, and model
What types of personal injury claims are the most difficult when seeking compensation?
In advance of filing a personal injury claim with the help of a motor vehicle accident lawyer in Delray Beach, FL, you might be wondering if your injury will be eligible for compensation. In actuality, though a particular injury claim is valid, the at-fault insurance company may deny the claim in an effort to avoid paying fair compensation. This is very common, and insurance companies often get away with this if the victim does not have a personal injury lawyer representing this. Attorneys see this scenario most often occurring in the higher dollar range of claims. Insurance companies are for-profit companies and as such, they make every effort to protect their profit margin. They are truly not in the business of caring about people, regardless of what they say in their expensive marketing campaigns. We invite you to speak with a motor vehicle accident lawyer in Delray Beach, FL about your case. Most don’t charge for the initial consultation and a personal injury lawyer will provide you with an objective and straightforward assessment of your claim. This can provide you with invaluable insight for making informed decisions about moving forward.
What are the most common types of personal injury claims?
Injury accidents occur all across the United States every day of the year. Some accidents are simply that; accidents, and as such no one is held financially or legally accountable. Other accidents occur because one or more people acted recklessly, and their actions or inactions were directly responsible for harming another being. When our personal injury lawyer represents victims of the latter scenario, the nature of their accidents most often fall into one of the following categories:
- An accident involving two cars or a car and a truck. When a driver is distracted with their cell phone, radio, eating food, brushing their hair, or talking to their passenger, they put themselves, their passenger, and others on the road in danger. Distracted driving accidents are extremely common and all too often result in causing an innocent victim to suffer a catastrophic injury. Another cause of car accidents is equipment malfunction or defective parts. In the latter scenario, your motor vehicle accident lawyer in Delray Beach, FL will seek compensation from the auto parts manufacturer, possibly in addition to other parties as appropriate.
- An accident resulting from slipping on a surface and falling as a result. This scenario is deceptively common. Though it can occur in the home, it often happens on city sidewalks due to negligent upkeep of the walking surface. It also happens frequently in retail stores when a floor is left unattended after liquid or debris is spilled. The owners and management of publicly accessible areas have a legal and ethical responsibility to provide safe access to those who use their grounds or facilities. They must address hazardous issues within a reasonable period of time after they develop.
To learn more about personal injury claims and whether your claim is eligible for compensation, contact a motor vehicle accident lawyer in Delray Beach, FL today.
Who to Contact
It is important to choose a motor vehicle accident lawyer with experience. At The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. our clients are our highest priority. Eric H. Luckman has more than three decades of successfully representing victims of motor vehicle accidents. To reach a motor vehicle accident lawyer Delray Beach FL community members choose, contact him at 561-717-7345 to receive a free case evaluation.