Dog Bite Incidents Are Traumatic
Regardless of the degree or severity of the attack, dog bite incidents can prove to be traumatic events. At Eric H. Luckman, P.A., we know how much emotional distress and physical damage can be involved and how difficult it may be to understand the situation from a legal standpoint. Florida’s dog laws specify what constitutes a dangerous dog and stipulate the liability of pet owners as well as the rights of anyone harmed by a dog. Talking to a dog bite lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL is the first step toward the right direction.
Dog attacks can result in injuries, ranging from cuts and bruises to broken bones, broken or damaged teeth, head trauma, and deep wounds requiring stitches or plastic surgery. In the worst cases, an aggressive dog attack can lead to death, especially when it involves a pack of violent dogs or when canine aggression is directed at a small child.
Dog Bite Cases
Statistically, dog bite accidents occur far more frequently than the average dog owner would imagine. With the capacity to attack at any given moment, Florida residents must recognize the potential dangers that exist when it comes to both owning and interacting with any dog. dog bite accidents could involve:
- Dog attacks
- Childhood injury
- Serious injury
- Facial scarring
- Wrongful death
Dog bite accident cases are a matter of strict liability. If a dog attacks and injures someone, the owner is responsible, whether they knew the dog was dangerous or not. If you have been attacked by a dog or other animal, contact a dog bite lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL., as soon as possible. The sooner you call, the sooner we can track down the owner and get you the compensation you deserve. At Eric H. Luckman, P.A. We believe that owners of dogs who attack must be held liable for the damages that they cause to innocent individuals. Our dog bite lawyers are fully prepared to fight for your fair settlement.
What Should You Do After A Dog Bite
Immediately remove yourself from the situation. Do not attempt to fight back against the dog. If the owner is nearby, instruct them to subdue the animal or restrain it.
Take the following steps as recommended by dog bite lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL.
- Rinse and wash the wound. Use warm tap water to rinse the wound, and then wash it with mild soap. Run tap water over the wound for another 5-10 minutes.
- Use a clean cloth to slow the bleeding.
- Apply over-the-counter antibacterial ointment, if you have any available.
- Wrap the wound in a sterile bandage or clean strip of cloth.
- Keep the wound bandaged, and see a doctor as soon as possible. For major bites with lots of bleeding or significant damage to limbs, visit your nearest ER.
- Change your bandage at least 1-2 times a day after your doctor has had a chance to examine your wound.
- Watch closely for signs of infection, which include swelling, spreading redness, increased pain, intense itching, fever, and irritation in areas nearby the bite.
- Report the dog bite to local authorities as soon as possible after you have stabilized your wound. You want a legal report, and you may be able to research past incidents involving the same dog owner.
Appointing a West Palm Beach dog bite lawyer can provide you with resources and assistance to investigate your claim, document your damages, and seek the maximum amount of compensation for all losses. Call Eric H. Luckman, P.A. today and get the required assistance to seek your claim.