A Car Accident Lawyer Boynton Beach, FL Trusts Discusses Common Car Crash Scenarios and Resulting Injuries
After getting into a car accident, it is normal to have many questions and concerns. You may be facing a range of physical injuries in addition to financial loss. It is common for those who suffer a collision to walk away feeling okay initially, only to find aches and pains start to surface hours or even days later. It is important to get medical attention right away, as there could be serious underlying complications you are not aware of yet.
Turn to a Car Accident Lawyer Boynton Beach FL Victims Rely On
If you or a loved one recently experienced a car crash, you can rely on the legal services of an auto accident lawyer from Boynton Beach FL from the Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. Attorney Eric H. Luckman has provided victims with effective and compassionate legal services for over 32 years. He is committed to protecting the rights of injured drivers. Call today for a free consultation to find out how he may be able to help you too.
Common Car Accident Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries a car crash victim may sustain. As an auto accident lawyer in Boynton Beach FL, Eric H. Luckman can help these victims recover their accident damages, including medical costs. The most common injuries resulting from auto collisions include the following:
- Head and Brain Injury = concussions, traumatic brain injuries, organ bruising, internal bleeding and skull fractures.
- Burn Injury = burns from the car catching on fire at the time of impact, may require extensive treatment and leave the victim with extensive scarring.
- Neck and Back Injury = whiplash, neck sprains, or herniated discs.
- Soft Tissue Injury = ligaments, tendons, or muscles can become torn.
- Broken Bones = extremities are particularly vulnerable during a car accident and depending on the severity may require surgery.
- Spinal Injury = damage to the spinal cord and/or surrounding nerves can cause loss of locomotion and sensation.
- Emotional Trauma = a victim may suffer from mental challenges including newly developed fears, anxieties and avoidances over driving or getting into a vehicle.
Car Crash Scenarios
The injuries a victim may sustain from a wreck can depend on many factors, as an experienced auto accident lawyer from Boynton Beach FL can tell you. Listed below are some common examples of how a car accident may occur.
- Head On = can result in a fatality, victim may sustain head/brain injuries, spinal cord damage, whiplash, crushed limbs and many others.
- Side Impact = the driver and/or passengers that are hit on the same side they are sitting can sustain conditions that could become life-threatening including head and brain injuries, internal bleeding, pelvic or skull fractures, soft tissue damage and more.
- Rear End Hit = the most prevalent injuries for rear-end accidents are whiplash, neck and back issues.
- Rollover = cars can rollover due to the impact of the crash or from attempting to swerve out of the way too quickly, injuries can include broken bones, brain trauma and spinal cord damage.
If you have been hurt in a car crash, call us today to schedule an appointment with an auto accident lawyer from Boynton Beach FL at the Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. by calling today. We understand you may feel overwhelmed and are not sure what to do about the medical bills that keep accumulating. We can help you seek compensation for your injuries from the negligent driver, and can offer legal advice every step of the way.
High Risk of Drunk Driving Crashes During Holiday Seasons
Although drunk driving crashes can happen during any time of the year, the winter holiday season brings a greater risk of these accidents occurring. While many are feverishly preparing for guests, holiday menus, and gifts for the upcoming celebrations, traffic authorities around the country prepare for the potential for an increased number of car accidents. Not only does the weather during the winter months cause many a fender bender, but impaired, reckless, and negligent drivers are a menace on the roads.
The heavy volume of traffic takes place over the Thanksgiving holiday period and beyond is traditionally a time to be extra cautious and attentive on the roads. Family gatherings, work functions, and social engagements mean more people traveling the nation’s highways and the high probability that an intoxicated driver will be too. According to national statistics, Thanksgiving is not only the holiday that has the most travelers, traditionally, it is also the start of the worst time of the year for drunk driving accidents.
If you have been left with serious injuries from a car crash caused by someone else’s negligence, contact a car accident lawyer in Boynton Beach, FL from the Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. to determine if you are entitled to financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Celebratory Drinks Turning Sour
A large part of many holiday parties is the consumption of alcohol. Obviously, the responsible intake of alcohol is the route to go, as is nominating a designated driver or arranging an Uber or taxi. Sadly, many people make the poor choice of getting behind the wheel when impaired. Law enforcement makes the point of heavier patrolling in more areas and setting up sobriety checkpoints to try and curb the incidence of accidents on the roads, but every year serious injuries and fatalities are reported by victims of crashes where a drunk driver was involved.
In fact, there has been a noticeable increase in the proportion of drunk driving deaths, specifically around the holidays, notably in the early morning hours of Thanksgiving Thursday, following what’s becoming known as Blackout Wednesday. All those Thanksgiving holiday travelers spend the night before celebrating and drinking, but they also make the fatal mistake of getting behind the wheel of their vehicles, often with tragic results.
Families want to cherish the memories of the holidays and not have to face these times of year with anguish because they have lost a loved one in a drunk driving accident. The numbers of drunk driving accident victims represent real people and real victims hurt in preventable circumstances.
Innocent victims may suffer short- or long- terms injuries, such as paralysis, brain damage, burns, and internal organ damage. If a loved one has been seriously injured or killed due to a drunk driver, call a compassionate car accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL clients recommend from the Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. We offer a free consultation where you can find out your rights and the possibility of a financial settlement to help you in your recovery or as restitution for the devastating loss of your family member.