Can a passenger of a car file a car accident claim if they were injured?

Car accident lawyer Lake Worth, FL

Can a passenger of a car file a car accident claim if they were injured?One cannot deny that being involved in a car accident as a passenger can be a frightening experience. In addition to a surge in cortisol and adrenaline levels felt immediately after the impact, there is a good chance of being injured. If you’re in this situation it is important to act quickly, to ensure you recover compensation for your injuries and other losses. By working with a Car accident lawyer Lake Worth, FL trusts, you do not have to worry about being in this stressful situation alone. Eric H. Luckman, P.A., will help you through the entire process and will work to get you any compensation you may deserve.

Can a passenger of a car file a car accident claim if they were injured?

In short, yes. While filing a claim as a passenger is often easier than it will be for the driver, it is still recommended to work with a car accident lawyer from Lake Worth. The claim may be easier to file because the passenger generally does not have to prove liability, however, there are still complexities associated with filing the claim and working with an experienced car accident attorney can help ensure accuracy.

Filing a Claim

The claims process for a passenger is similar to other car accident claims with the biggest difference being that the passenger will file a claim against the driver of the car they were in and any other cars that were involved. If the accident only involved the car of which the passenger was in, they would only file a claim against the driver.

The exception to filing a claim against both drivers would be if one of the drivers in no way could have caused the accident. For example, you were the passenger in the lead car and another car rear ended you.

What This Means for You – As the Passenger

The first this you should do as the injured passenger of a car accident is seek medical attention. Even if you feel like nothing is wrong, it is prudent to have a doctor assess you to ensure there are not internal injuries.

Next, you should get the insurance details of any drivers involved. If you’re waiting to go to the hospital, you can collect this information as long as you’re not risking further harm. If you were unconscious at the scene, you can ask a lawyer for help.

From this point, you will want to initiate the claims process. This can take time, and will greatly depend on the circumstances of the accident. It is recommended have a car accident lawyer from Lake Worth assist you in filing the claim to ensure you get maximum damages.

When Neither Side Wants to Settle

A common scenario in passenger injuries sustained in a car accident is that neither side wants to settle with the plaintiff. This is often because the insurance adjusters of both drivers believe the liability allegation is wrong. For instance, one insurance company might believe their driver is only 80 percent at fault and the other 20 percent, and vice versa. Splits in fault make these claims more difficult than accepting 50/50. A Lake Worth, FL car accident lawyer can try to prevent this while also negotiating your claim. The key to these situations is patience.

Are You Ready to Talk with a Lawyer

If you would like to learn about your legal rights as an injured passenger, contact the Car accident lawyer Lake Worth, FL calls first today to speak to an experienced attorney. Eric H. Luckman, P.A., is dedicated to ensuring that his clients receive the compensation they may deserve. Contact Eric H. Luckman, P.A., today to schedule a consultation.