Brain Injury Lawyer Lake Worth, FL
If you endured a brain injury because of someone else’s negligence, you should talk to a brain injury lawyer Lake Worth, FL residents rely on. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can stand up for your rights and help you file a timely claim.
Common Myths About Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can occur from many types of accidents, yet there are still many misconceptions about them. Here are a few common myths about these injuries:
- You Didn’t Suffer a Brain Injury If You Didn’t Lose Consciousness: While many people lose consciousness immediately after enduring a brain injury, not everyone does. Even if you don’t lose consciousness, you could still suffer long-term effects from a brain injury.
- Brain Injuries Only Occur When an Object Hits Your Head: It’s true that an object striking your head directly can cause a brain injury. However, a brain injury can also result when the brain moves suddenly within the skull. For instance, if your car hits another vehicle during an accident, it can cause your brain to suddenly move forward and backwards.
- Concussions Aren’t Serious: Concussions are considered mild traumatic brain injury, so some people may assume they aren’t anything to worry about. However, concussions are only called mild because they aren’t life-threatening. They can still result in serious symptoms that may affect you for the rest of your life.
- You Will Notice Effects of a Brain Injury Immediately: Many people assume that the effects of a brain injury will be noticeable right away. As a brain injury lawyer in Lake Worth, FL can confirm, however, some people may feel perfectly fine after suffering a brain injury. They may not notice symptoms until days or weeks after their accident.
- Helmets Prevent Head Injuries: While helmets can reduce the risk of suffering life-threatening brain injuries, they don’t prevent head injuries altogether. For example, if you wear a helmet while wearing a motorcycle, you can still endure a brain injury if you get into an accident.
Pursuing Compensation for a Brain Injury
Suffering a brain injury during an accident can be devastating. Your medical bills keep piling up and you’re not sure if you will ever be able to work again. That’s why you need an experienced lawyer on your side. He or she can help you pursue a lawsuit against the negligent party and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a consultation at The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. in Lake Worth, FL today.