Brain Injury Lawyer Boca Raton, FL
If you suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, get in touch with a brain jury lawyer Boca Raton, FL residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and stand up for your legal rights.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
Sustaining a brain injury is a serious matter and may result from the carelessness from another person. Here are some of the most common causes of brain injuries:
- Car Accidents: Millions of car accidents occur in the U.S. every year and sometimes results in brain injuries. This can happen if you slam your head against the dashboard or get thrown out of your vehicle.
- Medical Malpractice: When most people go to the doctor’s office or hospital, they don’t imagine suffering injuries. Unfortunately, however, medical professionals can make mistakes that harm their patients. Brain injuries, for example, can result from surgical errors, misdiagnosis or anesthesia errors.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Brain injuries can also occur during slip and fall accidents. For example, if you fall on ice outside a person’s home and hit your head, you could suffer a serious brain injury.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are more likely to suffer head injuries during a vehicle collision because they don’t have the protection of a car. They can dramatically decrease their risk of head injuries by wearing a helmet.
Long-Term Effects of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can often have long-lasting and permanent side effects, such as:
- Cognitive Issues: As a brain injury lawyer in Boca Raton, FL can confirm, brain injuries result in cognitive problems, such as trouble concentrating, confusion, memory issues and problems with thinking. These issues can make it difficult to perform many jobs.
- Communication Difficulties: If you have suffered a brain injury, you may have slurred speech and have difficulty understanding what other people are telling you. Having communication difficulties can make it tricky to maintain professional and personal relationships.
- Behavioral Effects: Having a brain injury can also change your behavior. You may become more irritable, depressed and even aggressive.
Consulting With a Lawyer
If you’re dealing with a brain injury, your medical bills are likely piling on and you’re not sure if you will be able to return to work. That’s why it’s critical to have an experienced brain injury lawyer on your side. He or she can help you gather evidence, identify key witnesses and protect your best interests.
Schedule a consultation with a brain injury lawyer in Boca Raton, FL at The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. today.