Boating Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
If you were injured in a boat accident, you should discuss your case with a boating accident lawyer in Boca Raton, FL. Boating accidents can result in serious injuries and you deserve to be compensated for that. A skilled lawyer can help you bring a timely lawsuit and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Boating Accidents
With summer in full swing, many people in Florida are out on their boat every week. While cruising around on a boat all day can be very fun, it can also be dangerous if the proper precautions aren’t taken. Here are some common causes of boating accidents:
- Operator inexperience. Operating a boat is different from operating a vehicle. Too many people get behind the wheel without experience. It’s important for boat operators to fully grasp admiralty law, navigation rules and other basics of boating before getting behind the wheel.
- Poor weather conditions. Poor weather conditions like rain storms can increase the risk of boating accidents. That’s why it’s important for boat operators to pay attention to weather conditions before heading out on the ocean. They shouldn’t assume good weather will continue if it’s sunny and clear out.
- Speeding. Just like on roads, speeding in the water can be very dangerous. If you go above the speed limit, you may not have time to react to hazards on the water, such as other boats.
- Equipment failure. Boats require regular maintenance and repairs like traditional vehicles do. As a boating accident lawyer in Boca Raton, FL can confirm, if a boat owner fails to follow through with maintenance and repair, equipment can fail and cause an accident.
- Distractions. Just like operators of regular vehicles, boat operators have to stay focused at all times. If they get distracted by passengers or something else, operators won’t be able to watch out for early signs of dangers, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Drinking alcohol. It’s common for passengers on boats to enjoy a cocktail or two. However, if the boat operator has too much to drink, it could lead to big trouble. The operator could lose focus and have a lowered reaction time due to the alcohol, increasing the chances of getting into an accident on the water.
If you suffered injuries in a boat accident, you should schedule a consultation with a boating accident lawyer in Boca Raton, FL as soon as possible.