How a West Palm Beach, Florida Bird Scooter Accident Lawyer Can Help You
In Florida, Bird scooters have become a popular mode of transportation. Their surge in usage has drawn a large amount of intention, including the government who has laid off rules for riding these electric bikes.
Even with these laws and rules, there has been an increase in Bird scooter accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in one of these collisions, it may be a good idea to speak with a Bird scooter accident lawyer West Palm Beach, Fl residents have trusted for years, such as Eric H. Luckman, P.A.
Scooter Accidents in Florida
Following a scooter accident, you should call the police and make sure a report is filed. A responding officer should visit the scene and try to determine how the accident happened and who is at fault. This is important as it may help you to understand whether you can recover compensation. Who is at fault may not be straightforward. Sometimes it will take further investigation. In this case, you can still call a Bird scooter accident lawyer in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Who Can Be Held Responsible?
- If a car and scooter collided, the person who failed to adhere to the laws, rules, or guidelines of the road may be liable.
- If a pedestrian was injured by a scooter user, the driver of the scooter will likely be liable.
- If a pedestrian caused the accident, he or she will be liable.
- Bird scooter companies can be liable if they failed to maintain their scooters, or a part malfunctioned.
- The city may be liable if they failed to maintain the roads/ pathways or there were too many scooters on the walkways and they did nothing about it.
- Businesses can be liable for accidents that were caused by debris, unmarked hazards, unmaintained work areas, and so forth.
As a personal injury lawyer West Palm Beach, FL residents prefer, we know that many types of collisions can occur on motorized bikes. The most common include:
- Colliding with a vehicle
- Hitting a pedestrian
- Colliding with a cyclist
- Colliding with another scooter user
- Being thrown off the scooter after colliding with a road hazard
- Malfunctioning scooter parts
Whether you were the scooter user who was injured, or you were injured by a scooter user, please call Eric H. Luckman, P.A. to speak with a Bird scooter accident lawyer in West Palm Beach, Florida.
How We Can Help You To Recover Damages
If the following can be proven, damages for medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- The alleged negligent party had a duty to exercise caution
- The alleged negligent party failed to exercise caution; thereby putting others at risk
- The alleged negligent parties’ negligence caused the collision and/or injuries
If you believe the aforementioned apply to your accident, compensation may be available. As a West Palm Beach, FL Bird scooter accident lawyer might explain to you, it is not recommended that you handle any insurance-related things on your own. Doing so could result in irreversible consequences. For a consultation, please call Eric H. Luckman, P.A. to talk with a Bird scooter accident lawyer West Palm Beach, Florida has to offer.