Bike Accident Lawyer Boynton Beach, FL
A bike accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL offers from the Law Office of The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. can represent your best interests if you were injured by a negligent driver or other party. Attorney The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. is more than a little familiar with the damage that can result from a bike accident. Florida law considers bicycles as vehicles and like motorists, a bicyclist must obey traffic laws. However, not all motorists exercise reasonable care when driving in the vicinity of a bicyclist.
Collect the Compensation You Deserve
A skilled Boynton Beach bike accident lawyer such as The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. understands what it takes to win cases against insurance agencies and negligent drivers. As a successful bike accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL riders choose for representation, he has helped many victims collect compensation for their injuries. Our firm can help you hold the motorist accountable for their choices.
How the Law Office of The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. Can Help
Hiring a bike accident lawyer in Boynton Beach, FL is essential if your claim is denied by the insurance carrier, the driver who hit you is denying responsibility, or if the case is complicated by any number of other factors. For instance, if a defective part contributed to the accident, it will likely become a multi-party claim or lawsuit and you will face a team of attorneys. A bike accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL bicyclists recommend such as Eric Luckman may do any of the following as necessary to ensure you have a strong case:
- Collect and document accident witness statements;
- Collect accident and police reports and review them thoroughly for critical information;
- Recreate the events immediately leading up to the accident which contributed to its cause;
- Document damage to the bike that occurred in the accident;
- Research the at-fault party including driving history, criminal history, and other factual information; and
- Hire industry and medical experts as needed to provide testimony relevant to your case.
Defective Product Claim
When your case is reviewed by a bike accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL residents turn to in similar circumstances, they may determine that a parts manufacturer is partly to blame. This is especially true if a defective product contributed to the accident. In that scenario, the product’s manufacturer, and possibly the retailer as well, may be held negligent. As an example, if the bike’s brakes failed, or if the wheel fell off, the manufacturer could be named as a defendant by your attorney. For a successful claim against them, your lawyer will have to prove the following:
- The defective product was clearly dangerous.
- You rode the bicycle in the manner that the manufacturer had intended it to be used. If you rode it in an unsafe manner and in a way that the bike was not supposed to be used, this would likely disqualify your claim.
- The bicycle and the defective parts were in the same condition as when you originally purchased them. In other words, the part was not old and worn out from use.
Injuries From Someone’s Negligence
Bicycle accidents may mean you suffer from many different injuries, some mild and some life-threatening. For many, getting into a bicycle accident likely is not something they think of that would cause them to need a bike accident lawyer from Boynton Beach, Florida. However, never underestimate how serious a personal injury accident like this can be. Especially when someone else should be held responsible for your injuries, you want to get compensation when it isn’t your fault. While most people learn to ride a bike early on, it is important that you understand the dangers of riding a bike before ever setting foot on one. This can help you to know what to look out for and it can help you when an emergency occurs.
Common Injuries To Sustain From a Bike Accident
Boynton Beach, FL bike accident lawyer knows that there are several common injuries you can sustain from a bicycle collision with another bike, person, or vehicle. Some of the most common are:
- Bruises and Lacerations. While these can be mild, you can also get gashes that lead to heavy external bleeding or lead to infection. Just because an injury appears minor at first does not mean you should avoid medical treatment. Even if you only notice bruising after the incident, see your doctor right away to rule out internal bleeding or possible infection at an open wound site.
- Broken or Fractured Bones. Because of the shock after a bicycle accident, you may not realize you have broken bones. Once the adrenaline wears off, you may be unable to walk or move your arm. This is a very common injury because many people use legs or arms to shield their bodies when they fall. Broken bones can take a long time to heal and may even require you to need surgery and physical therapy.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. While you may be wearing the proper safety gear (a helmet, knee pads) this still might not protect you in the event that a negligent driver hits you. Your spinal cord could become injured if you fall off the bike or if a vehicle clips you while driving. Spinal cord injuries can be serious and may result in temporary or permanent paralysis.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. TBIs are other injuries that are common for bicyclists to sustain. Even while wearing a helmet it is possible to shatter the helmet or to have the helmet fly off upon impact. A TBI could be something like a minor concussion that resolves within a few days or it could lead to permanent brain problems that cause loss of hearing, loss of vision, memory loss, or even loss of movement.
What will hiring a trusted bike injury lawyer in Boynton Beach do?
We’re glad you asked. Bicycle injuries might sound like something that is not serious. However, they can cause your life to change forever. You should not have to pay for these injuries emotionally, physically, or financially when someone else was behaving negligently. When you are injured on your bike, speak with us about the evidence so we can show how the other party acted in a way that was negligent and directly caused your injuries. We will work hard to get you compensation.
We Offer a Free Consultation
If you’re suffering from a serious injury due to a bike accident, you may have legal rights available to you that you are unaware of. To discover how the Law Office of The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. may be able to assist you, contact us today at (561) 737-3133 to speak with a bike accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL trusts.