Bicycle Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
If you were recently injured in a bicycle accident, you should get in touch with a bicycle accident lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other damages that resulted from the accident. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
Riding a bicycle can be a lot of fun and is considered great exercise. However, if a bicyclist is hit by a negligent driver, serious injuries can result. Here are some common injuries suffered in bicycle accidents.
- Face injuries: If you get thrown from your bicycle during an accident, you risk hurting your face. Common facial injuries include dental fractures, puncture wounds and contusions.
- Broken bones: In the event of a bicycle accident, you may also be in danger of breaking bones in your hips, arms or legs. While simple fractures can be treated fairly easily, compound fractures can be extremely painful and require surgery.
- Head injuries: Head injuries are one of the most severe injuries you can endure in a bicycle accident. Common symptoms of these injuries include headaches, nausea, confusion, mood change, memory loss and loss of muscle control. Serious brain injuries often require long-term rehabilitation.
- Neck and back injuries: Getting into a bicycle accident also puts you at risk of neck and back injuries. Common types of neck and back injuries include whiplash, herniated disc and pinched nerves. These injuries can result in severe pain and loss of motor skills.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries impact the skin, muscles and ligaments and include cuts, lacerations, bruises, road rash and puncture wounds. As a bicycle accident lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL can attest, severe soft tissue injuries may require surgery or skin grafts.
Getting Medical Treatment for Your Injuries
Even if you think your bicycle accident injuries are minor, you should still seek medical treatment right away. Seemingly minor injuries can end up being more serious than you think. Additionally, if you delay medical care and try to file a personal injury claim, the insurance company could argue that you’re exaggerating your injuries. A doctor will fully evaluate your injuries and suggest the appropriate treatment.
If you were in a bicycle accident, you should schedule a consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL from Luckman Law, P.A. today.