If you or a loved one are in a car accident, it is important to contact an auto accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL clients trust right away for legal counsel. Getting in a car accident can be very scary and even more so when you are injured. Having strong legal counsel can lift a weight off your shoulders when going through this difficult process.
It is important to follow several steps for ensuring a smooth legal process in the future. No matter how careful you are, accidents happen and when they do it is important to know how to react.
1. Call the Police: Calling the police after the accident will allow them to generate an official report and to help you and the other party get out of the way of traffic safely.
2. Assess Injuries: Both parties should check for any immediate injuries and call an ambulance if necessary. If you are not certain how severe the injuries are, it is better to be safe and call a medical professional. As a car accident lawyer can tell you, having an official medical record can be beneficial legally in the future.
3. Exchange Information: Following an accident, you and your auto accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL residents recommend will want to have the contact information of the other party, This will include names, numbers, and insurance information. You may also want to get the information of any witnesses to the accident for later use.
4. Document the Accident: An auto accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL families depend on will want to know all of the details of the accident. Having photos and written documentation of the series of events will help your lawyer best prepare your case.
5. Contact Your Insurance Company: It is important to contact your insurance company promptly after your accident. Some insurance companies will even increase your rates if you do not contact them quickly enough.
These steps will ensure that you cover all the proper bases after your accident and give you and your auto accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL locals go to the best chances for a positive outcome. It is important to remember not to discuss the accident with the other party or their affiliates as well as not to admit fault as this may be used against you.
Your auto accident lawyer in Boynton Beach, FL will advise you to tell the police and the insurance company the facts but do not let emotion take over. Car accidents can be very stressful and its important to remember to follow the proper steps and act kindly towards the other party without apologizing for fault.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident, do not hesitate to seek counsel from one of the experienced lawyers from Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. With more than 30 years of experience, we’ve seen almost everything and will be prepared to help you fight for the compensation you may deserve. Legal support is only a call away with the help of a Boynton Beach auto accident lawyer from Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A.
Call (561) 717-7345 today for a free consultation with an auto accident lawyer Boynton Beach, FL provides.