The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. is a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL residents turn to for fair, honest, and professional legal counsel. Guided by over 30 years of experience, our firm has represented thousands of clients and won millions of dollars in damages. Rated an AV lawyer by the esteemed Martindale-Hubble and voted as a Florida Super Lawyer since 2008, you can count on The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. to fight for maximum compensation. If you would like to speak with a Delray Beach personal injury lawyer, please call (561) 737-3133.
What Constitutes a Personal Injury Claim in Florida?
Personal injury claims are broad, but typically must involve the negligence, carelessness, or wrongdoing of another person or entity. These claims can be straightforward or they could be highly complex; regardless, it’s often wise to seek a personal injury lawyer in Delray Beach FL to oversee the case. When you retain a lawyer for your personal injury, they may review the incident and make a deducted decision on what legal options you may have available to you. In general, the following examples could fall into a personal injury claim:
- Dog bites
- Slip and falls/trip and falls
- Medical malpractice
- Vehicular accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Workplace accident
- Construction accident
- Product defect
- Food poisoning
- + More
Damages from a personal injury can vary and may be unique to each case. It’s important to have every injury or painful ailment assessed and noted by a medical doctor to ensure you get the right compensation. A personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL may review your medical records and talk to you about your experience in order to build a solid claim on your behalf. Examples of injuries that may qualify for a personal injury claim include:
- Sprains or broken bones
- Muscle or ligament injuries
- Brain trauma
- Head, neck, or spine injuries
- Severe cuts, bruises, or abrasions
- Loss of limb
If you are the loved one of a person who is incapacitated or died as a result of the incident, you are encouraged to call a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL provides as soon as possible. In either instance, a claim may be filed on behalf of your loved one.
Damages Eligible for Compensation
Every personal injury case is different because of the nature of the injuries and the circumstances of how the accident occurred. It’s critically important that an experienced personal injury lawyer in Delray Beach FL review your case to determine what damages might be included in a claim or lawsuit.
The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. has helped many victims of accidents. We fight hard for our clients and can make every effort to recover the maximum amount of damages possible on your behalf. After reviewing your case, a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL victims turn to from our law firm may determine that any or all of the following damages that you have sustained might be covered:
- Doctors’ appointments, fees, and associated costs.
- Costs for medications and specialized medical equipment such as crutches, bathtub bench and railings, etc. Very often, this equipment can be rented rather than purchased, but the costs add up regardless. The at-fault party should be held accountable for those costs. When you work with a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL offers from our firm, your attorney can make every effort to recover maximum damages.
- Necessary modification to the victim’s house such as a wheelchair ramp, modifications to countertop heights, etc. One of the many reasons why The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. offers a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL relies on is because our legal team can consult local builders to provide accurate and reliable data on such costs.
- Fees for physical therapy, occupational therapy.
- Psychological counseling for emotional issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder that may develop as a result of the accident. In addition, your personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL locals recommend from The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. may be able to include emotional stress or suffering in the damages claim.
- Any surgeries necessary to address or correct the injury or injuries. This includes anticipated future surgeries. With documentation from your doctors, a Delray Beach personal injury lawyer can make a strong case for receiving compensation for future medical treatment.
- Salary or wages lost because the victim was unable to work while recovering from the injury. If they are unable to return to work at all, or only part time, or they must switch to a lesser paying job, any monies and benefits that would have been earned may be eligible for compensation. A personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL community members work with from our firm can present documentation from your employer as evidence for lost wages. If you are eligible for permanent disability or even permanent part-time disability, your attorney from The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. can determine if you are eligible for additional compensation from those responsible for your injury.
- Remuneration for your pain and suffering associated with the trauma of experiencing the accident that led to your injury, and for the injury itself. In fact, depending on the nature and extent of your injury, it may negatively affect relationships in your life such as with your spouse or partner. In some cases, this can be claimed as further damage.
Acknowledging the Statute of Limitations
In Florida, personal injury claims must be filed within a certain time period. This period can vary and may be dependent upon your personal circumstances. For instance, if a government entity is involved, the time period is often less than 3 months; a general injury claim, however, can often be filed up to 2 years after the incident. Regardless of what you may have been told, it is highly advisable to contact a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL trusts as soon as possible to avoid any setbacks.
If you would like to speak with a personal injury lawyer Delray Beach FL respects, please call The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. at (561) 737-3133.